California License #833782: Solar, Electrical, Trenching, Pole, Low Voltage Systems - Instrumentation Contractor: "The qualifying individual is the person who meets the experience and examination requirements for the license and who is responsible for the employer's or principal's construction operations. The qualifying individual must document at least four (4) full years of journeyman-level or higher experience in the classification." Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Certified PV System Installer #17: "Several years of hands-on experience in the field. Hands-on experience or equivalent knowledge including installing, building, repairing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, verifying and performing tasks involved in electrical work either residential or commercial."
The best way to inspect and determine workmanship or a craftsperson like manner would be to determine the value of a solar energy system onsite. Look above and under the solar modules - look under the hood - for normal operation, damage or defects in a rooftop or ground-mounted solar energy system.
CODE COMPLIANCE AND THE SOLAR INDUSTRY - For example, local AHJ Inspections determine Code compliance (Electrical and the I codes), non local government AHJ inspections may include performance, workmanship, industry standard practices, contracts and the Business & Professions (B&P) Code.
A independent inspection or review of existing or new proposed physical installations to industry standards and best practices - from a licensed certified PV installer perspective: If the system is existing, we will only (1) identify the issues and (2) provide you with an $ estimate cost to fix the issues and NOT contract to fix the system. For example, there may be a situation of poor workmanship, not following manufacture's instructions and other issues. After our independent inspection, we will not contract to correct your installation issues - this would be a conflict of interest. We only contract for NEW system installations.
Sub-100kW Ground-Mounted Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Energy with an Electric Vehicle (EV) solution with or without an Energy Storage System (ESS).
A. CALIFORNIA LOCATIONS ONLY:
1. A small standard option total of 6, 9, 12, 24 or 48 modules - 3.8 kW or 7.6kW ground-mounted solar energy systems up to approximately ~15 kW.
2. The distance from the residential structure of up to 300 feet from the point of connection.
3. The alternatives would be: traditional string, micro-inverter or dc converter/inverter solutions. If a traditional inverter is selected in a ground-mount and is on the building, other requirements may apply.
4. Specifically for ground-mounted system must have 10 feet all around clear of brush and at least 3 or 4 feet from the property line.
A. LICENSED CONTRACTOR:
Martin Herzfeld is an licensed contractor for 17 years. In addition, we have completed 3rd-party inspections for more than 10 years - for example, if you are buying or selling a home consider evaluating a system. Or, if you receive a bid and you would like an independent review of your proposals and help with the design, installation and support process as a 2nd-Party. If you would like to contract with us, then we provide two simple standard solar energy system sizes for one and two family dwellings - 'two for one and two for you' - as an installation contractor to you as the 1st-Party.
B. ACCREDITED, REGISTERED, CERTIFIED CONTRACT TRAINER:
1. For example, as an Adjunct College Professor of Energy for 6 years and trainer at Adult Education Centers - both beginning and advanced, Martin Herzfeld is independent, accredited and registered contract trainer and recertification provider. In other words, leading in a learning centered approach for adults with andragogy with the most relevant information as a customer or a learner. Most people installing a solar energy system are doing so for the first time or transitioning from shrinking industries.
2. Solar and renewable energy systems can provide a future for our children: "Herz ❤️ feld ⛰️" in German means "Heart Field" and we specialize in consulting, inspection and contracting of consumer or customer sited energy systems - of both field ground-mounted and rooftop. Deploying ☀ solar ⚡️ energy 🔋systems ⛰️ with the love of people 👵🏽❤️ + planet 🌎 in mind, where 🚗 = Zero. In other words, leading in a teaching centered directive learning for children with the approach of pedagogy.
Simply, it's about the impact of people and a net-zero energy impact on the planet.
Two Parables of Happiness and One Happy Ending:
Story #1: Mixed Emotions at a Solar Party - A customer was so happy to purchase a brand new solar PV energy system, they invited their colleagues and friends to a solar party. Announcements were printed and mailed. On the day of the party, all the guests went up on the roof to examine the new system. The roof collapsed. This can place a damper on any event. What would you have managed differently in this parable? Both commercial and residential solar systems require project management with complete technical process elaboration. In addition, consider the structural criteria for both residential rooftop and ground-mounted solar energy installations for one- and two- family dwellings.
Story #2: Mixed Emotions after a New Installation - A contractor was scheduled to complete an installation while the homeowner was at work. The solar array was going to be installed and the inverter was mounted to be on the outside of the home. There was no need for anyone to be home at the time of the installation! The homeowner was happy they were getting a brand new solar energy system to help the planet. As the homeowner was driving home, they noticed their neighbor had a solar energy system installed too! They were happy others were making a wise decision of installing solar. As they continued to drive down the street, they noticed that their system had not been installed yet? The contractor installed the solar energy system on the wrong rooftop because the address on the work order was transposed.